Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Kiran and Apurva

Young and proud Indian scientist... Kiran calls home. Apurva eagerly waiting for Kiran's call gets excited from the other end. Kiran who was stuck in US due to lockdown was returning home after 8 months. Apurva's tears rolled down on the phone screen... "hey... honey...your mobile is not waterproof...", Kiran tries to hide emotions being in the flight.

"Atlast... I am boarding honey! Very eager to see you and kids."

"Same here darling, we were counting days without you. Planning to cook your favourite dishes for tomorrow's dinner!"

"Oh... lovely... Apurva, I am dying to eat home cooked food... especially Baingan bharta and Gajar Halwa by you, dear..."

Apurva grins and simply throws a flying kiss at the video call screen for Kiran.

Because of colleagues on the adjacent seat, Kiran gets embarrassed and changes the subject.

"Listen, I have bought so many gifts for all of you there. Kavya's likings are just like you so lots of fashionable items for Kavya and Harsha is like me so lot many books and gadgets for Harsha..." Kids scream with joy and start jumping.

Apurva who never lets go any opportunity to tease Kiran asks," and for me?"

Kiran smartly answers, "ofcourse "myself" for you darling... now I am switching off my phone... see you all tomorrow... I know your gardening hobby... you will just love to see various tools I have brought for you..."

Flight takes off. 

The excitement for Apurva and kids reaches to it's top when they hug Kiran after 8 months of parting. 


......After all overwhelming moments Kiran opens her bags, distributes all the gifts and all four of them enjoy the dinner cooked by Apurva using his extraordinary skills of cooking!


Title: Happiness Beyond Gender Frame!


Sukruta

No comments:

Post a Comment